Monday, April 20, 2009

Week 13



This week we had a critique on our first draft of our returned magazine. We worked with partners to critique people's magazines and wrote down a list of suggestions that could help with their final draft of their magazine. This week we are supposed to continue fixing the errors of our first drafts of the magazines so that we are ready to send out our final draft next week. In my first draft, some of the things that I needed to fix were the titles of my spreads because some of the fonts were either changed in the process or the drop shaddows did not turn out the way that I wanted them to. Also, in a couple of my spreads the text was cut off by the middle fold of the magazine, so I had to move the image so that the text would be legible. Also, on one of my spreads I had duplicate page numbers because I forgot to delete the first page number after I applied the page numbers of the master spread. I changed the fonts on the cover, so that it looks more like a typical magazine cover with various fonts and sizes of the titles. For the table of contents page and the credits pages I switched the backgrounds to be pink and the letters to be yellow, so that it would correspond with the cover. So far those are the only changes that I have made to my first draft of the magazine. I also plan on going through the text of each spread to make sure that there are no typing errors in the text.

No comments:

Post a Comment