Saturday, March 28, 2009

Week 10


























































Assignment:
To create 10 more magazine spreads, bringing the running total to 20 spreads.

Craft:
Process- I created the next 10 spreads by using the InDesign program and using different fonts and colors to correspond with the art work of the students in the class. I also went back to the previous spreads that I did and corrected some mistakes that were brought up during the critique, such as the breaking of the words in the block quotes, which I made sure not to do in the spreads for this week.
Technique- For these spreads, I also used several colors that corresponded with the image by using the eyedrop tool. This makes the connection between the image and the text more apparant. Not all of my articles include pull quotes, but the ones that do stand out in the article and also include colors that were in the color scheme of the artwork. I used font titles for the articles that are able to further the message of the work by giving the title some "oomph" to pull the reader into the article as well.

Composition:
The fonts and colors of each individual spread were chosen to work well together, and which were also selected based on the artist's original artwork as well. I arranged the contents mostly in columns, with the exception of a couple of spreads, to make it look like a typical magazine. I noticed that I will need to go back and make each bodytext the same font and size so that the magazine spreads share a common factor throughout, so that the magazine will look like one whole piece instead of 20 separate spreads.

Concept:
The concept for this week is the same as last week, which is to make the spreads all come together to look like a professional magazine. Each spread will eventually share similar characteristics, while exploring differences on each individual spread to make it unique and correspond with the artwork as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment