Monday, February 23, 2009

Week 6

Assignment:
Second illustration of the course. Choose something that makes you happy/sad and create an illustration based off of that idea.

Craft:
Process- I took a photograph of my boyfriend and I at the beach and created an illustration of our bodies using several layers. Then, I found a picture of a beach scene on the internet that caught my attention and created the illustration of the beach background, which is the setting of the illustration.
Technique- I improved the overall appearance of this illustration by adding details to the photo such as different effects to give the illustration a more realistic feel. Also, there are many details on the two people in the illustration as well, such as their hair, skin, and clothing. I think that the grain effect on the sand gives it a very realistic feel, which was exactly what I was looking for.

Composition:
I chose this photograph because it is a picture of myself from something that I have experienced in my life. I chose the background that I did because going to the beach is my favorite thing to do. I wait all year for the first day that it's warm enough to go to the beach! There is something so calming and peaceful about the beach, and that is why I chose to only incorporate two people into the illustration. I wanted them to be the only two people on that beach to play up the word usage of tranquility that I chose to use here. I incorporated the word tranquility into the photo by making it seem like one of the two people wrote the word in the sand with the stick that was near the word.

Concept:
The message that I was going for in this piece was to translate the tranquility of the beach to the audience. There are only two people in this illustration to display how peaceful it can be. There are no distractions in this illustration because I wanted the focus of the piece to be the two people enjoying the day and appreciating everythign that the beach has to offer.

No comments:

Post a Comment